From: Peter T. Chattaway [mailto:petert at interchange_ubc.ca]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 2:47 PM
Cc: Over the Rhine listserv
Subject: RE: "Why I Like Popular Bands, by Bruce Lachey"

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Kelvin Bailey wrote:

> Little Haley Joel

Um, that's *Osment*, not *Osmond* (or *Osmand*, for that matter).

Or am I coming late to the joke here?

Whenever I think of Donny and Marie, I think of the Osmond dolls that some
kids at school had back in the mid- to late '70s, and how the hands of
those dolls had holes in them so they could hold toy microphones, and