Why I Like Pop Music... a diatribe by Bruce Lachey

I agree with Bruce for the most part.  I *love* my
weird-indie music, but I also love pop music, too.
I'll take Mr Bungle, Chroma Key, Faith No More over
N*Sync anyday... but I enjoy a good pop song every
now and then.

Pop music isn't a bad thing.

When you limit intake based on the type of music,
you're limiting some good ideas/art/entertainment
that could be a positive force on your life.  Not
just limited to pop- rap, country, metal, latin...
there is good stuff in ALL of it.  There's also bad
stuff, but that's gonna happen with anything.

You won't find an N*Sync CD in my collection, but
they're my fav boy band.  They sing good songs.
They are enjoyable to listen to from time to time.
I'd pose a side-note that N*Sync aren't artists, but
rather performers... but that doesn't discount the
*music*.  It can still be found as enjoyable.

Discounting anything based on a label is just a
prejudiced thing to do.

I'm just rambling... I need some lunch... too many
meetings today...

Dan

np: vigilantes of love - to the roof of the sky

=====
+- Galactic Cowboys http://www.dlm.net/gc/ -+
   Pixie Princess Studios:
+-           http://www.pixieprincess.com/ -+