Obsessions - How about a sing-a-long?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.  My most recent obsessions have been:

OtR - Everyman's Daughter
Barry Manilow - I Made It Through the Rain
Bif Naked - Lucky
Sundays - When I'm Thinking About You
OtR - Moth
Christopher Beck - Close Your Eyes
Izzy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Innocence Mission - Medjugorie/Paper Dolls
U2 - Bad (live)
O Sister! - Time is Winding Up
OtR - Anything at All
Michelle Branch - Goodbye to You
Amy Alison - Listless and Lonesome
George Michael/Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down
Innocence Mission - Birds
Sundays - God Made Me
OtR - Anyway
Barry Manilow - Daybreak
Imperials - Be Still My Soul
O Brother! (Soundtrack) - Angel Band

Note: Six months ago this list would have been peppered with classic rock and heavy metal, big 80s, power ballads.  Three months ago it would have been Christmas carols and hymns.  It just depends on the mood.  Please, I don't need anymore razzing about my Barry Manilow/George Michael tastes...so save the comments.

As an aside, I have a commute two days a week that puts me on the freeway (something here in Phoenix to greatly fear).  I find that by making "mix" CDs of my favorite songs I can deal with the traffic much easier.  My commute CDs all songs that I love to sing along with.  We are talking full out - top of the lungs - there's a copncert going on in my car - singing.  So in addition to this fascinating exchange on obsessions, I'd like to propose a new subject on singing songs.  What three songs can you not help but sing along with, or moreover you actually look forward to so you can sing?  I believe singing (whether one is talented or not) is good for the soul.  Have you ever met a "singer" or a hummer or a whistler?  Generally they are happy people.  My theory is: if more people sang (rather than talk on cell phones while driving) there would be less road rage.  So what do you sing?

David

David Dean
Department of History
Arizona State University