Re: Obsessions.

Ok, I wasn't going to attempt this, until I started culling from other
people's lists... then I sorta got on a roll...

nlm at troyergroup_com writes:
> Let The Mystery Be  : Iris Dement

Ha... I heard 10,000 Maniacs cover this song at a concert in '93, spent three
years humming it after only one hearing, and FINALLY found out whose song it
was in '96 or so... bought Iris' CD the same week.  Played it -constantly-
for a while there.

ysobelle and bruce included:
> Code of Silence - Sir Wm Joel/Cyndi Lauper

Yup...that entire album, actually... includes 'Getting Closer' and 'This Is
the Time.'

<A HREF="mailto:sherih at galynx_com">sherih at galynx_com</A> listed:
>Yaz: Midnight

Ha! I'd have to change that one to 'In My Room'.  But Yaz definitely. Wore my
_Upstairs At Eric's_ tape out.

iscoobysnake included:
> Basement Apt. - Sarah Harmer

I downloaded this .mp3 on 'recommendation' from Amazon.com. This song's been
in heavy rotation when my butt has been plopped in this chair... I *really*
like it...and will probably end up getting her CD.

Our new friend Zayne added:
> 2)  If I Stand - Rich Mullens
and
> 6)  River on Fire - Adam Again

... and I'll heartily second those, too... Wore out my cassette of Dig and
really must eventually get it on CD... when I have time to dig around on Ebay
or some such.

Also played obsessively recently or not-so-recently:
~Ticklepenny Corner: Seems A Little Weak
~Trespassers William: I Know (.mp3)
~Natasha's Ghost: Falling Up (.mp3)
~Cindy Alexander: Time Falling Down (.mp3)
~OTR: Moth
~OTR: How Does It Feel
~Mary Chapin Carpenter: Almost Home
~Anne E. DeChant: Take It On (Thanks, j.g.!)
~Massive Attack: Teardrop (.mp3)
~Amy Grant: Baby, Baby (lullaby and dance song for me and my son ages ago...
now he's 11 and I just embarass him with it when it comes on the grocery
store... heehee)
~Ani DiFranco: As-Is
~Juliana Hatfield: Universal Heartbeat
~Villa Rosie: Bright Girl (local)
~Julie Sanderson: I Want The World (local)
~Selena/David Byrne: Baila Conmigo
~Grey Eye Glances: Close of the Day (new-to-me, and hard to repeat play; it's
a hidden track)

Yesterday's "think-I-want-to-hear-that-again-three-more-times" song:
~Incubus: Wish You Were Here

And of course there's plenty more...
Anita