Re: Obsessions.

Listening to Songs Over and Over and Over

I like songs that I can do that with.
I like songs that I can do that with and still listen to a few weeks
later even more.

Today and Yesterday the song has been: "He Seems Like a Nice Guy" by
vroom. it's on their website www.vroomrock.com for those interested. It's
not a good recording, and it requires a little bit of effort to listen to
it repeatedly, but it is worth it. at least to me. here ends my plug for
the other favorite band.

Within the past few months I have listened to the following songs for at
least an hour on repeat:
Enrique Iglesias - Hero
Brandnew - Magazines
Brandnew - Failure by Design
(they are catchy, indeed)
New End Original - #1 Defender
New End Original - Lukewarm
Clem Snide - Loneliness Finds her Own Way
The Temptations - I Wish it Would Rain
Pedro the Lion - Rapture
Weezer - Brightening Day
DaVinci's Notebook - Magic Kingdom in the Sky
Ben Folds Five - Narcolepsy
Ben Folds - Annie Waits
The Cure - Letter to Elise

Before that it's been:
Alkaline Trio - Nose Over Tail (I think I listened to that song for a
week, more than once. Poor me - the song's only 2 and a half minutes
long)
Aklaline Trio - Radio
Pete's Dragon - It's Not Easy
Weezer - El Scorcho
Weezer - Jamie
(both Acoustic versions)
Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting (this was induced by www.battlemail.com,
which i recommend to anyone who likes wasting time on email, and has
friends that like wasting time on email.)
Over the Rhine - Rhapsodie (when/how i first got into otr)
Over the Rhine - When I Go
Pixies - Subbacultcha
Geto Boyz - Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta
The Misfits - Last Caress
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Thinking About You
Switchfoot - Let that Be Enough
Ben Folds - Lonely Christmas Eve
Veggie Tales - Stand
Justin McRoberts - Father
Vroom - I Wanna Rock
aaand
Vroom - I can't Stand Another Minute Here (there was a time when this was
my ONLY vroom song. I listened to it a LOT)

Wow. That was an efficient use of the time i had from my cancelled 8
o'clock class. what a nice playlist that would all make.

- kate

p.s. ysoie - i really liked your comments on rhapsodie.. i think i've
read them before... but - i especially liked them today.