Alice's Cooperage (a little OtR)

I remember learning to be a disc jockey at a tiny college station, and
finding the new CD single for "Unholy War" from 1995's The Last
Temptation album, with guest appearances by musical luminaries such as
Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. That was right before I met Linford
Detweiler, wearing the same cap as in the Eve photo, at Cornerstone
Magazine's Music And Arts Festival. That might have been the only year,
besides 1999, that OtR did not perform at Cornerstone Magazine's Music
And Arts Festival.

My most vivid personal memories of Alice Cooper are from the late
seventies mainstreaming period, when John Davidson would cover his
ballads on TV.

>From: "David Dean" ><kingmaker at earthlink_net>
>Subject: Alice Cooper (Some OtR and good >heavens....no mention of
Jesus)
>FWIW: I once attended church with some >friends of mine active in
another =
>church here in the Phoenix area. I was very >surprised to find myself =
sitting in a Sunday >School class next to Alice Cooper. What >impressed
= me was the depth with which he >contributed to the discussion and the
= >sincerity of his interaction with the members of >the class. =20
>I suppose the lesson here is to not judge >people until you have a
chance = to know >them. As for OtR, sometimes it is tempting to >believe
what we = conclude about Karin and >Linford because their music is so
candid. = >Perhaps the only conclusion we can come to >is that they
(like so many = others) are "good >people." The spiritual ramifications
of that are >a = private matter. Their ability to touch my life >with
their music remains = unrestricted.
>David Dean
>Department of History
>Arizona State University

p.s. ABC cancelled John McEnroe's The Chair.