Re: Vegetarian?

Drew Vogel wrote:
> Everybody tells me that vegetarianism is a
> happening thing. Last year, VEGETARIAN TIMES
> magazine commissioned a study by Yankelovich
> Clancy Shulman...  [snip]

you posted this a few months ago... and quite frankly
the "study" done is reported with VERY BAD logical
conclusions.  it's kind of annoying.

bad math, bad statistical extrapolation, bad overall
logic, jumping to erroneous conclusions, making
large paintbrush statements based on one option of
many available, etc.  it's just not a good article.
period.

i'm not a vegetarian, but i eta FAR more vegetables
than meats.  i can go months without eating meats if
i wanted.

for health reasons, it's better to have a balanced
diet than to go to one extreme or another.

but for personal reasons, one can have a perfectly
healthy diet by being a ovalacto-vegetarian or a
vegan.

discuss.

Dan

np: tellus - stand by