otr // nyc

dare i pop out of the woodwork to say that seeing/working for over the rhine
on tuesday was exactly what i needed to pull me out of this mental rut...?

well, it was.

and it was my first trip back to new york city since *july*...needless to
say, my new yorker facade was seriously challenged, what with all the new
subway routes.

for any of you who may have been at the show, i was the excessively cheerful
girl with red hair and dark lipstick at the merch table, relentlessly
hawking OtR wares.

not much to say on the show (since i didn't really *see* any of it), except
that "bothered" caused me to run into the stage room (mercury lounge is set
up oddly - leaving the merch table as far away from the stage as possible),
"world can wait" with just piano KICKED my ass, and hearing "like a
radio/ain't no sunshine" as the encore ended my night perfectly.

i was a bit sad not to hear "latter days", but i'm sure they're sick of
playing it. ;) lots of new songs, including "ohio" and "green clouded
swallowtail"...they played "miles", after mentioning the tribute cd (which i
must say, at least 5 people came up to the merch table and asked if they
could buy one!) - and linford was wearing a fuzzy sweater.

karin's new hair looks beautiful, i love it.

and of course, not knowing that my band was on their website, i didn't say
anything about the price of tea in china. i don't think i would have said
anything if i *did* know, though - karin and linford might think i'm
stalking them.

*ha*

okay, back to retail, i mean lurking...

cheers