kid music

Hey, how funny that kid music came up today. Just yesterday I was in the car and realized it had been way too long since I played "Patience" for my toddler. So I popped it in, and let me tell you, nothing warms my heart like watching her (in the rear view mirror) clap her hands and car-seat-dance to "how does it feel."

When I was pregnant, I put out a request to all who knew me that if I should ever be in posession of obnoxious kiddie music, would they please slap me around? I mean, really, why should adults get all of the good stuff? And why should we be subjected to that swill just because we have to drive them around for 16 years or so?

(There are a FEW exceptions, most notably Peter Himmelman's "My Best Friend is a Salamander" and of course, good old veggie tales.)

I have to add that all this talk of Amy Grant made me giggle and pull out an old Lust Control CD...anyone remember "Leave Amy Alone?" Or am I dating myself?

Hee.

And speaking of OtR opening for Patty Griffin...CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS??? I know PG is playing Park West here in April and if OtR were to open...wow, that would be incredible.

Obviously a digest subscriber,

Julie

NE: corned beef and cabbage pizza!! don't knock it until you try it!!