Re: Over The Rhine Tribute CONCERT information

--- "Vogel, Andrew (VOGELAP)" <VOGELAP at UCMAIL_UC.EDU>
wrote:

> Details are still sketchy at this point, but... we
> now have a date for the OVER THE RHINE TRIBUTE
> CONCERT.

I have to agree with the sentiment that Thursday is a
bit odd for something like this. I can understand that
a venue may wish to keep Fridays and Saturdays for
shows guaranteed to draw a bigger crowd, but if you're
really hoping to bring in many of the preformers from
the disc, the musician turnout will most likely be
limited to those who live within a two hour driving
limit of the venue, if that.

I, for one, would LOVE to be part of such a concert,
but if I get to sing a total of only two songs, taking
off TWO scarce vacation days from work for it seems a
bit much. I'd more easily be able to squeeze a Friday
off than both a Thursday and a Friday. I think the
same may hold true for the majority of folks who
contributed to the project.

I'm certain a Saturday show would make all performers
happy, but if we could even score a Friday, I'd lay
money down that you'd attract more musicians.

For what it's worth,

bink a la 'lucy'