Re: just amelie in this one...

Peter writes:

> It's not a question of whether anyone finds the
> scene "offensive".  It's
> just that, as the movie itself spells out, sex isn't
> that important to
> Amelie.  So ending with a sex scene is, at best,
> anti-climactic.

Crap...now I've gotta watch it again to think about
this.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it seems
her disinterest in sex can easily be attributed to a
lack of intimacy and relationship (her father never
touched her, her mom's absence, etc).  Sure, she talks
about enjoying the simple, tactile things...and that's
certainly how they kiss that first time:  softly,
simply.

It's just that now she feels that connection, that
trust.  So it seems to make sense that she'd allow
herself the freedom to explore (and enjoy) those
further things.

I don't know...I just move my fingers and words come
out.

Would you prefer the movie end with them skipping
stones together?   :-)

Actually, I might prefer that <grin>.

I'll stick to work now...

Brian

=====
...we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!