Re: jews and amelie :)

You know, that came out a lot more callous than I meant it.  Julie, I
hope you weren't off-put by that, and if you were, I sincerely
apologize.

The point I was trying to make is this:  I get the feeling that there is a
fair amount of misunderstanding of people's views between faiths.  This
doesn't mean we should accept everything as writ and agree with somebody
of another belief just because someone happens to believe it, but there
_is_ an awful lot of frustration in the realm of theology that would
probably just dissapate if folks had a clearer view of other faiths.

But again, that was the wrong way to do it.

Y'know, I would heartily encourage y'all who want to forment religious
debate (and just talking in general about your belief and faith, which I
find much more valuable) to not just take it off-list, but take it off
e-mail.  As Andy Boyer mentions from time to time on the list, it's
awfully hard to have good dialogue between two people of different faiths
without the subtleties of face to face communication.  There's just no
substitute for it.  Consistent font promulgates inconsistent
understanding and all that...

Regards and apologies,
-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, Goats: the  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) -----------------  comic strip |