Canal St Sat

The actual setlist for Saturday's show reads like this [They're listed in
the order they are on the setlist, and I listed full song names instead of
shorthand Linford used on the list e.g. "Thank You My Angel" instead of
"Thanks My A.", and have added notes]

Bothered
   [Nice version, Jack on louder guitar than is usually on this]
Anything at All
   [Originally on the setlist was to be song 5, but was moved up.
    Don forgot about this song being played I guess]
Jesus in New Orleans
   [Many have wrongfully assumed in private email that it was ME
    who the "if you don't ... I'm going to take my pants down" is
    about, but here's the scoop.  Linford told a story that Beth
    from Ticklepenny Corner told him earlier.  As a girl, she'd
    always wanted to play with her brother and his friend and
    they wouldn't let her, so she'd use that as a threat - "if you
    don't let me play with you, I'll take my pants down"..  and
    the story was funny and a little uncomfortable as told by Mr.
    Detweiler.  Karin kept saying, "Beth's going to kill you...".
    So they still weren't playing the next song, so Beth yells out
    from the back something along the lines of, "If you don't start
    playing a song, I'm going to take my pants down!!".  VERY funny.
Green Clouded Swallowtail
I Radio Heaven
   [Nice version again of this, no spectacular change from the two-
    acoustic guitar version they've played for awhile, but nice]
Faithfully Dangerous
   [A little different yet again.  Linford on acoustic guitar, Jack
    on electric slide or guitar, don't remember.  Nice, fun!]
[Happy Birthday, and Anyway]
Curse these Dreams
   [Jack's song, well sung by Karin]
Oh Marie
The World Can Wait
Norwood Boy
   [Linford told a fun story about now-Cincinnati Councilman Jim
    Tarbell talking to him back in the day when they named the band
    Over the Rhine, after the cruddy downtown neighborhood in which
    they lived.  Jim was happy to have the name associated with
    something like music..  Since naming the band that some years
    ago, Linford amusingly surmised, businesses have arrived, bars,
    clubs have flourished and property values have went up.  He
    assumed they could do the same for Norwood, the working-class
    city-in-a-city neighborhood area of Cincinnati this song was
    written with in mind...  Karin wasn't so sure..  Linford said
    Karin had just finished this song a few days prior; she said
    she didn't know she was finished until he said that!]
(Hello) Ohio

II
Go Down Easy
Thank You My Angel
   [Wish I'd've paid more attention to this, love this song]
Lucy
Cast Me Away
   [This wasn't played]
Little Blue River/Garden
Anyway
   [This was put in the first set list as noted above]
Jack’s Valentine
Miles
________
________
Rhapsodie
   [On the list, wasn't played]
Hush Now
   [The new waltz people are talking about, quite fun]
Like a Radio/Ain’t No Sunshine
   [REALLY nice.  Great clean mix of LaR and Bill Withers' Ain't
    No Sunshine worked WELL in there, thematically and musically.
    She sang it really powerfully, like when she'd sing
    "Summertime" a few years back]

The show was great.  Jess rocks for getting me tix.  Megan called ME, by the
way!  For the record Jess, my grouchy pal Jeremy was having a pretty bad day
even as far as bad days go and was only familiar with Patience and Eve..

It was definitely the most inattentive I'd ever been at an Over the Rhine
show.  I was boiling in Canal Street, and for the last set (40 mins) we were
either outside or watching from the corner.  Camraderie is fun.  Megan, Don,
Jess, ex-"Merchandise Marine" Todd and Jeremy kept me entertained through
that time.  It was great seeing Anita and Ken again; sorry I didn't spend
more time beforehand or afterwards..  Brian S, always good.  You shoulda sat
at the "good" table!!

Someone try to prove me wrong here: They've played at least three songs from
every full concert since 14 December 1995 from Good Dog Bad Dog.  Holy cow.
2235 days, who knows the number of concerts.  Heck, the album wasn't even
out then.  Jeesh.