Re: Nine Inch Nails and other sundries

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Kelvin Bailey wrote:
> --- Christian D Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
> > > Indeed.  But the problem with the "Christian"
> > music scene is that it is
> > > very often *of* the world but not *in* the world.
> > ...and even then it's the crappy pop part of the
> > world...
>
> And it's blanket statements like that which make me
> seriously wonder about our american education system.

The American educational system does need some serious help, but that has
nothing to do with my post.  ;)

I do not, in general care for pop music.  My tastes are at the very least
un-pop(ular) under most circumstances, and at times downright avant-garde.
I was just voicing my opinion about the way the Christian music scene more
often than not emulates the "secular" pop crowd.  At the same time, I was
trying to be a bit humorous, but evidently failed.

-Smitty