Re: false dichotomies and what rhymes with Jebus?

Kelvin Bailey wrote:
>> my only statement on it~
>> christ didn't call his followers to act as separate.
>> so, if there is a dichotomy, it is one that should
>> not be.  period.
>
> How about "Be holy even as God is holy."
> or "Come out from among them and be separate."
> Or do you mean something different?

something different, different kind of separation.
christ's teachings of being in the world and not
of the world do teach to be godly and holy, but
not separate as in "cut off" from interaction,
which the whole christian vs. secular music debacle
comes in.

i don't think that we're supposed to be separate
like *that*.

Dan