RE: fuck

> a buncha' years ago...i heard that "fuck" was an acronym for:
> Fornication Under Command of the King.
> dating back to the middle ages or something...
> anybody know the true origin of this colourful word?

An old history teacher in high school said it was "For Unlawful Carnal
Knowledge."  Supposedly in puritan towns when someone was arrested and put
into the stocks, that was painted above their heads.  It was an indicator
of their crime.

This /was/ from a rather misguided teacher, though, so do as I and take it
with a grain of salt or two.  =)

-Smitty