Re: music's main component's

dan wrote:

> music relates to rhythm, melody, tempo, pitch,
>  harmony, timbre, etc... i think my "strange computer
>  generated stuff" is music based on containing all
>  of those elements in some form or another. :)

that's one way to put it.  *wink*  i really liked it...i played it when some
of my other friends where in the car (they haven't seen otr, but they've
heard me play some of their stuff, and i wanted to share *rhapsodie* with
them, since they had heard me talk about that song a lot in the previous
year.).  anyway, i was playing the tribute cd, and they *loved* jack's
valentine.  congrats!  i think we have a winner!

as for music involving pitch and rhythm, that much is certainly true.  even
percussion instruments have pitches, and i'm not just talking about keyboard
percussion or the timpani...i learned how to change the head on a snare drum
the other day in class and we learned to pitch the top head to b flat and the
bottom head to g.

>  it's kind of funny how much great music out there
>  is all done on computer, or tweaked by the computer
>  to the point of not sounding like the musical
>  instrument much.

not so strange, i think, when you look at a lot of singers from times past
and then listen to them sing live...it's very obvious that computers and
studio hands have generally tweaked the sounds of music/voices to make them
sound more acceptable.

geez, dan, you're vocal today.  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka

behind the clouds, beyond the rain, there are many rainbows.  one is on it's
way to you.