Re: Re: Nine Inch Nails and other sundries

Kevin:

> >Well, keeping in mind what I just said above I would see any talent the
>man
> >has as coming from God whether he acknowledges it or not and could praise
> >that and his dedication to that talent and I do take great joy in
>listening
> >to many musicians who are not Christian by seeing music this way but at
>the
> >same time I also try to listen to artists who are, in some way, trying to
> >bring healing into a sick world.

Ysobelle:
>By which I trust you are not saying only Christians can bring healing
>into the world?

Of course he's not saying that.  1) Love is the answer, and everyone knows
SOMETHING of love.  2) Only the God, not His faithful, can bring about
salvation/redemption.

>Also...saying that his talent coems from G-d "whether he acknowledges it
>or not" seems to be stepping over the bounds of someone else's personal
>theology. Praising someone's work as coming from G-d/Christ/whomever
>seems, to me, to be viewing them through a worldview they themselves may
>not espouse.

Who care what they think.  That which is, IS. Because it IS.

"Personal theology"?  Sounds like roulette to me.  Truth is not, nor should
it be, relative.  Theology shouldn't be "personalized", at least not in this
context.  I appreciate the fact that you are not a Christian, so if you
meant to say "differing theology" in contrast to Kevin's Christanity, then
that's fine, but I submit to you that any theology that is devoid of God, or
denies God as a source of individual talent, isn't a theology at all, but a
farce.  All major religions pretty much agree on these points anyway.

If you mean to imply that Trent is an atheist, again I say, what is IS,
regardless.
I appreciate that you are willing to spell out the word "Christ", at least!

You know, I just realized when his box set shipped that I'd never seen the
first episodes of "Buffy".  Yikes!  (My 1st- the one where the neglected
girl goes invisible.)
You slay me,

Matt

np:  Black Tape for a Blue Girl "Remnants of Purity"