RE: From another conversation...

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:

> > > Murder is just a word for nothing else to say.
> >
> > maybe that's why it's one of the ten commandments.
> > because of the depth that it goes. the multitude
> of levels it works on.
>
> Not likely, given that the same Law of Moses which
> gives us the Decalogue
> also gave orders to execute people for various
> crimes (including the
> gathering of wood on a Saturday) and to destroy
> entire nations.

I cringe when I read things like this.  I don't know
what to say, so I'll say nothing.

Okay...yes I will...but this doesn't even begin to
scratch the surface.

Not all "laws" in the "Law of Moses" were given for
the same purpose.
Type 1 - moral laws.  all people, all times
Type 2 - ritualistic laws (cleanliness, etc.)
Type 3 - laws for national protection and preservation

nuff said...

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?