revelations and open eyes (no OtR)

      A little story:
      There was a friend, a boy, in whom I thought there was a great deal of
potential for a relationship.  I wasn't certain that it was the right thing,
and thus bided my time waiting for some evidence either way, for a
relationship or against.  Last night it came, rather unexpectedly, by way of
one of the most unintentionally apalling and honest statements.  Thinking
that I had concluded rashly, I ran the statement by my roommate, who quietly
but vehemently agreed with my conclusion.
      This turn of events, while not earth shaking by any means, has made me
think even more seriously about the idea of a monastic life.  Its not a new
idea, but something that I have been thinking about for a few months.  All
this to say that I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers, since the
rest of my life (that real world beyond college) is swiftly coming, and I
have only a little idea of what I am going to do.

Samantha

Oh the night came undone like a party dress
And fell at her feet in a beautiful mess
The smoke and the whiskey came home in her curls
And they crept through the dreams of the barroom girls
--Gillian Welch