Re: requiem for a memento

Don Smith wrote some sage things about the movie memento, including:

> I don't think it
> ultimately holds together perfectly (I can't believe that someone with
> Leonard's condition could really do what he does), if you can grant them the
> dramatic license they need to make the story work, it's a brilliantly written,
> constructed and executed meditation on the nature of identity, memory, and
> reality, as well as a very effective parable on the dangers of vengence.  I
> think I've got the whole story pieced together, although it all hinges on
> accepting Teddy's explanation in the penultimate scene as the truth.  But if
> Teddy is lying, and I can't see any reason internal to the story why he would,
> then we simply don't have enough information to reconstruct what "really"
> happened.  Perhaps that is more in keeping with the theme of the film, though.

thank you soooo much for your explination.  I knew that there were themes to the
movie, and I knew it had to hold together somehow.  It is all so much more clear to
me now.  Thank you thank you thank you

Bethany

np: OTR: Ann Arbor 12-5-01 (thanks Dan)
--
~*~*~*~
"and the stories in my pockets are the best I've ever lived" -Sarah Masen