Requiem, etc

Hi guys.  I'm home sick today (sore throat, fever, blech) so between naps I
thought I'd see if I could actually contribute to the discussion as it was
happening (during the day) rather than in the evening (which is when I
usually get around to it.)

Have not seen Requiem.  Heard much about it... but haven't gotten around to
it.  Sounds like now I'll pass entirely.   I understand completely Fred's
review:  I only got about halfway through _The Cell_ before I just HAD to
turn it off.  I was both impressed and repelled.  It was an extremely rich
film; visually, symbolically, etc... positively stunning in that respect...
but it turned my stomach.  Literally and emotionally.   I quit at the bathtub
scene.  Much much too disturbing.

Having not seen Requiem, though, I don't know if the comparison is apt... can
anyone tell me?

Anita