Coldplay Qs

Hey all,

     I finally got "Parachutes" for Christmas, and want more.  Can anyone
recommend which import singles and EPs are the most worthy to buy, while the
stores still have 'em?
     Also, has anybody heard StarSailor yet?  I saw them on "The Late Show",
and really dug what they were doing.  They reminded me of Midnight Oil circa
"Earth Sun Moon", but I think I'm suffering from "Tootsie Roll syndrome",
which is to say "whatever it is I think I see, becomes a Tootsie Roll to
me".  Comprende?  Anyhow, the music press is giving them the big "15
minutes" of hype now, and is apt to liken them to Travis or Coldplay.  I'd
wager that analogy is more accurate.  Anybody hear or purchase them yet?
     Oh, I heard "Jacksie" on my local public radio station last night!
(wyep.org)  The DJ was playing "spiritual/religious" themed songs, and the
set also incleded Cohen's "Sisters of Mercy" and "Screaming Infidelities" by
Dashboard Confessional.  She was playing these tunes in honor of a friend
who had entered seminary.  She mentioned how cool OtR is, tried to remember
where they are from (settling on Cincy), and lamented the fact that they
haven't graced Pittsburgh with their presence in some time. :-(  So, if you
read this Linford, come back to us!  Oh, and work "Jacksie" back into your
set, as it is a masterpiece!  I'd forgotten how lovely it sounds!  Then
there's the memories- it was the first OtR song I'd ever heard, back in '92
or '93, when I purchased "Patience" on an educated whim, and slapped it into
my CD player.  Love at first sound?  Not quite...but that evolved shortly
thereafter, make NO mistake.
     The list has been quiet lately.  I wanted to start another controversy,
but this'll have to do. ;-)  Anyway, classes are in session, and I will most
likely be posting considerably less than last month, if at all.  (Party at
Ysoie's. ;-))  So, no long debates for me.  The hallowed halls of academia
await!

Academia nuts,

Matt

"If you love love, then love loves you too" - Bruce Cockburn