Re: we just have a different crutch

In a message dated 1/11/02 11:14:38 AM Central Standard Time,
petert at interchange_ubc.ca writes:

<< don't forget how single people without kids often pick up the
 slack for parents who are always rushing off >>

Two related stories:

At Halloween there was a bit of an uproar in our office when the managers
announced that ALL employees with kids could leave 1 1/2 hours early (with
pay) in order to get their little ones ready for trick or treat.

Another corporate moment happened when one of the guys (non-smoker) got
written up for taking an 'illegal' break'  one day when he went out to the
smoking area with his (smoking) office mate. The office mate did not get
papered. HR was called in but I don't know the end of the story.

Rose