Tribute Love

Scott:  I have the East Timor CD.  I bought it partly because of my OtR
fanaticism, partly because there was a previously unreleased song from
another of my pet bands, "Optiganally Yours".  It's great.  The CD as a
whole is a strange mix.  Poughkeespie is an oddball on there.  It's in my
trunk I think, next time I see you remind me to loan it to you.

***

As Drewford mentioned, the Tribute CD is actually shipping now.  Crazy.
Hope you all enjoy it.  Twenty two songs from eleven states.  When we get
together in groups I know a lot of us are shy - heck, half the time we only
know email addresses of people!  So, by email, here's some of the fine
contributors on this list also on the CD:

binkmeisterrick at yahoo_com
indigoebony at yahoo_com
chris at fumblefactory_com
vogelap at email_uc.edu
dtemm at yahoo_com
b_lachey at hotmail_com
darmstrong at raygroup_com
wkseitz at hotmail_com
jaharnish2 at aol_com
ponybat at aol_com
soupiset at toolbox_net
jesinrhineland at hotmail_com

I sat an put a few words down the other day to track the genesis of the
puppy, did some web research, and came up with this:

http://www.actwin.com/cgi-bin/mfs/05/OtR/MailArchiveOct97/msg01131.html

It was from Joel Smith (smithwj at grace_edu).  For those of you not wanting to
waste that extra second for a click, here's the text:

| I started thinking, hmm............. how can we get OTR nationally
| known?  So I came up with a few ideas:
|
| The OTR Wax Museum:  Beautifully crafted statues of Karin, Linford,
| and the whole gang by the 20th century's most esteemed artist, Farrah
| Fawcett.  Located across the street from Graceland.
|
| The OTR China Collector's Plate Set:  OTR enters among such esteemed
| groups like Disney, the NFL, and Star Trek with their own set of
| commemorative plates.  These gold-embossed china plates shall bear
| the likeness of OTR in different concert settings, like Greenbelt,
| Cornerstone, The Emery Theatre, and even Sudsy Malone's.
|
| The OTR Commemorative Stamp:  A set of beautiful stamps for all of
| those stamp-collectors out there.  Available only in Grenada.
|
| The OTR Funniest Bloopers Special:  A hilarious hour of outtakes from
| OTR shows, practices and interviews.  Includes such laughable moments
| as the time Linford called Ric "Rick" and when a drunken Brian tries
| to bite Willow.  Broadcast on CBS.
|
| The OTR Tribute Album:  Such artists as The Ass Ponys, Reba McEntire,
| and Tiny Tim sing your favorite OTR songs on an hour-long compilation
| (with cover art by the 20th century's most esteemed artist, Farrah
|  Fawcett).
|
| And finally...
|
| The OTR Lunchbox:  All those elementary schoolers out there can show
| their friends their appreciation for music with this hard plastic
| lunchbox with the Good Dog Bad Dog photo on the side.  Included is a
| thermos covered with a full body picture of Terri Templeton.
|
|	Joel

Pretty fun.  I guess we took that and ran.  Tiny Tim's contribution was
omitted, sadly.  Drew is working on the wax museum now, he expects to be
done in December, but I think with the two of us working together, it'll be
complete by Valentine's Day.

At any rate, the tribute CD is available with credit card on Drew's site
(www.drewvogel.com).  Checks/money orders, email me.  Alternately, if you're
in the Cincinnati area, they'll be at many fine record shops with local
music within a few short days.