Re: we just have a different crutch

--- The Mattrix <soberman_69 at hotmail_com> wrote:

> >From: "ms. tarquini" >this is the best way i have
> ever heard it described.
> >several times a day i walk outside at work and give
> >myself 5-10 minutes to reflect & recoup.  i plan
> most
> >of my life on those breaks.
>
> So that's what you guys are doing.  On many a busy
> day at work, I've
> contemplated takin' up the habit.  Perhaps not so
> much where you work, but
> at many of the jobs I've held, the non-smokers are
> always pickin' up the
> slack of the smokers.  Not exactly fair.  Can I take
> a break (or 20) for
> candy cigs?

i don't think this is a felicitous analysis.  at my
employ, non-smokers are told to take breaks as well.
besides, smokers are usually high-strung, nervous
wrecks.  i'm one of the younger people here, and from
an administraive standpoint, it wouldn't be
disinegnuous to say that i work at a pace at least
double-time to nearly everyone else.  and i don't
smoke enough during the day to counteract that pace.

(sigh) it all reminds me of the csn song "you don't
have to cry."  i used to be able to sing that tune
about people i knew, now it's about me.

ewg