Re: we just have a different crutch

--- E Geist <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com> wrote:
>it's a sanity tool.  what cigarettes do most for me
>is to break up my daily existence into palatable,
>bearable discrete units of time.

this is the best way i have ever heard it described.
several times a day i walk outside at work and give
myself 5-10 minutes to reflect & recoup.  i plan most
of my life on those breaks.

i break for cigarettes (i should make it a bumper
sticker).  i will quit.  after i get that
anti-depressant prescription.  truth is, smoker or
not, i am happy, thus the p. yorn quote:  '...ruined
lesser girls'.  it's taken a lot for me to realize i
am not a lesser girl.  so quiting makes me nervous,
this has been my first good year in a while and quite
frankly i'm enjoying not being sad or confused or
compromised -- i've quit before and when i do i cry
and get frustrated and i'm no fun.  matt -- i'm glad
to be alive these days and quite happy (no remarks
about smoking killing me in response to this please)
and bagging cigarrettes is low on my issue list at the
moment --

liesel

=====