Re: I HAVE A VIRUS TRANSFERRING THROUGH ADDRESS BOOKS. YOU MUSTREAD.

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Nat O. wrote:
> ((the list address is in my address book, I don't know where this leaves
> the list, but I thought I'd better tell you all anyway.))

Sorry, this is a hoax.  It's usually best to confirm information like this
before you pass it on.

   http://www.snopes2.com/computer/virus/sulfnbk.htm

   [ snip ]

   Whether the SULFNBK.EXE message was deliberately intended as a prank
   for gullible computer users or an honest warning based on a
   misunderstanding, the instructions listed above should NOT be acted
   upon. The file SULFNBK.EXE is a standard component of the Windows 95
   and Windows 98 operating systems, a program used to backup and restore
   long filenames. Its presence does not indicate that a user's PC is
   harboring a virus, and the unnecessary deletion of this file can
   interfere with the normal functioning of a PC.

   [ snip ]