Vampire Hunter D 2000

Now i've learned something.  I saw a preview for Vampire Hunter D this fall when I went to see Akira in a local theater.  Then I saw it at our video store and thought "Ah!  Look at this!  I don't need to worry about finding parking!  I can watch this movie in the dark of my own livingroom."  But then as I watched it it seemed a bit different from the preview I saw.

It all makes sense now.  I saw th '85 video.  And they were showing the 2000 Bloodlust one in the theater.  Alas, it is no longer in the theater so I must wait for the DVD release in February.

Nosing around I also learned that the films are based on a series of novels.  I suppose that makes sense...

chris-o-ravenna