Re: Grammys

--- Acidroz at aol_com wrote:

> << She was kind of new on a technicality in that she
> basically reinvented
>  herself musically, IMHO...>>
>
> Sorry, still doesn't make her "new". :)

This has been one of the great inconsistencies of the
Grammy awards.  In 1895 - or whenever - when Whitney
Houston hit the scene, she was denied a nomination
bacause she had done a credited duet with - I think it
was Luther Vandross - on his album.

A couple of years later Jody Whatley won the award,
even though she had a pretty successful career before
that with Shalamar.  I believe their thinking was that
the albums didn't list her by name or something.

So I guess they've loosened up a lot recently.  Shelby
has had like 5 albums already.

I'm hoping that next year Rickie Lee Jones will be
nominated for best new artist.

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?