Re: matt's take

> God once punished the whole human population of the
> planet, save Noah and
> his family.  But he didn't wipe us out.  He didn't
> bruise us. He did what
> was necessary, for good reason, to eradicate
> unrighteous behaviors that were
> putting the ENTIRE species on the road to
> self-destruction.  That's good
> parenting.  Hard to believe, but true.

but do you think that the unrighteous behavior was
stopped and now that's why we're not punished
similarly?  baal worship takes a little different form
as do some perversions i guess: but how is the world
any different now?

would this come down to a notion of "god's people"--i
dunno?

> God is too beyond my
> understanding for me to dare question that it is
> anything but.

yeah, i'm with you regarding general attitude.  but
"in general," instead of questioning in a
confrontational, accusatory manner i think i am
supposed to seek understanding.  so hear i am :)

-j. marie