Re: favorite CD's

Hey all... tops of the year for Layne, in no order...

Tool - Lateralus. At first, it seemed "not dark enough", not enough like
Tool. But the more I dug into it, the more amazing it got.

Bjork - Verspertine. Absolutely gorgeous. The middle section ("Pagan
Poetry", "Frosti" and "Aurora") alone is worth the price.

Over the SomeRiverinEurope - FFR. I just keep wondering if these two are
capable of writing a bad song.

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American. Too literate and intelligent to be pop
punk, too easily digestible to be emo.

Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter. One I've just gotten in the last month
or so, but it hasn't been out of the player much.

Radiohead - Amnesiac. Still not _OK Computer_, but what is, you know?

The Strokes - Is This It. Maybe not up to the hype, but it's still really a
pretty swell little album.

Gorillaz. "Finally, someone let my out of my cage..." Better than the sum of
its parts (and the parts are pretty OK).

REM - Reveal. Another amazing record from REM that hardly anyone cared
about. No justice.

Ryan Adams - Gold. Another one I haven't completely digested yet, but
really, really like what I've dug into.

I'd say the disappointment of the year for me was the Weezer CD. I know
there are a lot of people who really liked it, but I just couldn't get into
it for some reason. Just not anywhere near as good as what's come before for
them, imo.

Just my couple o' pennies...

Layner