RE: art or trash?

Jarrod Wrote:

>I agree that the terms "art" and "pornography" are ambigous and can not be
>discussed or even addressed unless there is a common understanding of the
>meaning behind these words. Only then can we begin to discuss there
>similarities and dis-similarities.
>
>So what are the meaning of the words!?

Hi,

The American Heritage Dictionary says that Art is "The conscious production or
arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements or other elements in a manner
that affects the sense of beauty."

Pornography is defined as, "Pictures, writing, or other material that is
sexually explicit and sometimes equates sex with power and violence."

I'm a librarian, I just had to do that. ;o)

Sue

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
-Eleanor Roosevelt