Re: my boy problems (almost no otr)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Kelvin Bailey wrote:
> --- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca> wrote:

> > I'll tell you why -- because it's impossible.  We *all* pick and
> > choose which parts we follow, it's just a question of *how*.
>
> Hmmm...totally disagree. It's not impossible, or at least not in the
> sense you seem to be implying.

I'm not implying any particular sense.  I'm simply observing that it is
impossible to, e.g., abstain from non-kosher meat and eat non-kosher meat
at the same time, or to believe that all races are equal *and* believe
that God wants us to participate in genocide, race-based slavery, and
discrimination against half-breeds as in Joshua or Ezra's day.

> I don't believe there is anyone who does it effectively, but its not
> because of some mututal exclusivity.  It's cause we're bumbling humans
> who can't get it together.

Well, that might explain how the Bible was *written*, sure.  ;)