beachland ballroom...

hi kids.

1.)  KATHERINE:  hi baby!  i was SO glad to see you and actually have a
conversation with you!  some time, though we will definitely have to sit down
and have coffee.  :)

2.)  MY HORRIBLE DAY:  yeah, flight delays.  so, i had a final exam at 6:00pm
in pittsburgh, and my flight left chicago at 9:30, my flight out of cincy
left at 12:50, i get in at 2, have time to go home, get my car, take my 30
question final and leave for the cleveland show.  easy?  no.  there were
technical difficulties in cincy, so they bump me to a 3:45 flight.  and then
that flight was delayed about 45 minutes.  so i got into pittsburgh at 5:30,
left my suitcase in baggage claim, my friends sharon and nathan drove like
crazy to get me to school, and i walked into my final ten minutes late.  i
had called a friend to tell the professor, and the look of relief on his face
was great...he told me afterwards that if someone had finished taking the
final before i got there (someone did finish the final five minutes after i
had arrived) then i would have had to take an incomplete for the semester and
do a ten pager for next semester.  yuck!  and THEN my dad picks me up and
brings me home, and i find out that my car's interior light was left on the
four days i was in chicago, so we had to jump the poor thing.  so, i was late
picking up matt, but we made it to the ballroom just a few minutes after ten,
missing the first half of otr's first song.

3.)  DM:  congrats on the poetry slam!  so sorry we couldn't stay for coffee
with you and amber.  if i come out again we'll definitely have to hang out.
it was great to see you again!

4.)  THE CONCERT:  yum.  i cried during *the world can wait*.  faintly, but
there were tears.  *sigh*  yum.  *all i want for christmas is blue* makes me
happy.  i really liked that song.  it's always fun to hear new songs at a
concert during which you can sing everything else.

5.)  VISION vs. HEARING:  you know, i tend to absorb things better when i
read them, but at this concert i realized exactly how aurally oriented i am.
i mean, being a musician, that's relatvely granted, BUT, as i am a musician
who is very good at sight reading, sometimes my ear leaves much to be
desired.  anyway, i was SO tired last night that i just sat down on the floor
in the back, put my head down, and fell completely into the music.  it was
amazing...i think i will not watch their concerts anymore.  i feel like i got
so much out of it by just *listening*...but there would be no way for it to
be the same recorded.  absolutely no way for it to be the same.

6.)  LINFORD:  is the nicest man on the face of the planet.  and yeah,
katherine, i really agree with your friends about his beautiful-ness.  :)
i'm not going to go into any details, but i just have to say that he is the
most gracious person ever.  *sigh*  and he HUGGED me!  yay!  and he knew
about my singing...it's amazing to me that he reads our posts, you know?

7.)  KARIN:  dm mentioned that karin was a little skittish before the show,
and although she smiled muchly on stage, she did not come out to greet the
crowd (and i do think that matt and i were two of the last people to leave).
i had hoped to speak to her, and to extend well wishes for her mother.  alas,
i did not have the chance, although i did relay a message through linford.
so, karin, if you read this, know that i'm sorry i did not get to talk to you
after the show, i hope that you are feeling more up to par soon, your
mother/family is in my thoughts, and i hope that, after this tour, you will
be able to get some rest and relaxation.

8.)  THE DRIVE:  so, i'm dumb and got a little lost on the way home, but i
realized my mistake, and we were back in pittsburgh at a half-way decent
hour.  and matt, thank you again for the *hershey* kisses, and you know i
wouldn't have bought *coke* if they had mountain dew at mcdonald's.  *wink*
i made it home safely after dropping you off at your car, although i did turn
my stereo ALL the way up to keep me from nodding off.  someone please remind
not to go see a 3 hour movie at midnight the night before i have to leave at
7 to catch a flight at the airport!

9.)  LIESEL:  your love of numbering things seems to have caught on...maybe
it's a new craze.

10:  LORD OF THE RINGS:  i agree with ysoie about spoilers...yeah, i saw it,
but after reading a couple of the posts, i just thought *wow, it would suck
if i hadn't seen it*.  and legolas is pretty.  *grin*  i have a one-track
mind, what can i say.

11:)  DANIEL COLLINS:  hi, honey...i know you're out there lurking, and i
just wanted to say that i will e-mail you sometime in the near future, but as
i have to be at work in 5.5 hours, i should probably catch some sleep.  love
you bunches!  :)

12.)  THE END  :)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka