Top __insert #___ of 2001

music--lots of great ones listed so far.

indie:
anyone heard the owen cd?  i've heard a little of
it--sounds _really_ good if you're into the indie emo
or whatever.  how would we classify dear owen?  anyone
like julie doiron or those types?  i can't wait to
tell my friend bw that someone mentioned denison marrs
here.  he'll freak.

liesel, if you like the ingenuity in harmony etc. of
jonatha brooke (love her!), you might dig the be good
tanyas.  they're the one group (cd: blue horse) i'd
add to that list that's been accumulating...

OTR :)
i do love ffr.  i agree with fred's assessment that it
continues to get better as i listen.

radiohead...although i prefer kid a to amnesiac

remy zero (ville elaine)--hollow is my favorite on
the album.  many thanks to dan t. for that
recommendation

coldplay (parachutes)--don't you shiver?

hey, where's jillian these days?

dead can dance, poe...all wonderful.  one of my
students (a 12th grader--isn't that cool!?) got me
into both of them once i got her into otr.
******i'd add portishead's dummy to that little area
of musica i enjoy.

erin mckeown's disillation is a fun cd (queen of quiet
is my favorite on the album...love in 2 parts runs a
close second)

if you like nickel creek's cd, you might like chris
thile solo (latest cd: not all who wander are lost)

rem--i like the way reveal resembles parts of their
older sound.  back to the roots.

like brazilians?  marisa monte and gil gilberto are my
favorites.

gillian w. and emmylou harris are always near the cd
player.

julie and buddy miller's album is neat too.  sorry i
missed that taft show...i like all three of the
artists...but i'm glad i didn't suffer through j&b
being too loud.  or too twangy.

over these last few years on the list, i've really
appreciated all the recommendations musically.
gillian came from a list buddy...as did emmylou.  and
coldplay too.

what fun,
j. marie