Re: Where was I??

Michael wrote:
> Man is the head of the house stuff - Read Ephesians 5:22-24.
> Yeah Don, you aren't married...

Of course, neither was Paul. :-)  I'm not even convinced Paul wrote that.
Compare Eph 5:29 with Romans 7:18 and 24.

> ...and after being married for 16 years, I think it
> actually has to be that way.  And that is probably one of the reasons why we
> have been married for 16 years.  My wife would totally agree with those
> verses as well.

If it works for you two, great!  More power to ya!  I was not trying to say
that everyone should do it my way, merely to suggest an alternative paradigm
that was still in keeping with Christian theology.  It is not the suggestion
that a man could be the head of the household that makes me bristle, it's (a)
the demand that he *should* be, and (b) that this is God's *intention* for all
of us.  I don't agree with either of those two propositions.  If you two are
happy and fulfilled doing that, wonderful!  What more can one ask from life?
However, that doesn't mean it'll work for everyone.

My computer is about to be upgraded to RedHat 7.2, and have various partition
reorganizing done on it, so I will be off-line for the rest of the day.

See you tomorrow!
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"Some people dream of fortunes, while other people dream of cookies."