Where was I??

Title: Where was I??

Oh yeah I was off of work for 2 days plus the weekend and I return to OVER 300 emails in my box.  No wonder Matt's box crashed out.

I came in a couple of hours early to catch up and the mainframe was on limited access, basically down.  (Read here: I'm not important enough to test stuff right now).  So since I wasn't actually supposed to be working anyway and the host crashed, I didn't feel too bad browsing 300 emails.  I skipped a fair amount so some stuff may have been addressed already or may be passe at this late date but here are some thoughts.

Amy - is that prayforamy?  If so great to have you back among us here.  If not welcome home anyway.

Movies and OTR food.  We rarely go to the theater.  But we probably are cheap!  I think the X-files movie was the last time I was at a movie theater.  I'll be there for LOTR however.  My wife and I met in college and we pretty much did cheap dates or parties (back in the days of 19 year old drinking and parties were all the rage).  So she was in no way shallow about the dinner and a movie concept.  I'm was surprised she even went out with me to begin with she was beautiful (even at 40 she still turns heads) I was doing the ZZ Top hairdo and beard thing, but we just started talking at a party and kept hanging out.  Like a month before the first kiss we were just hanging out as friends for a while.  This weekend we rented Cast Away.  Then yesterday while baking we put on TWHF and I started thinking about the whole castaway thing again.  What would be my desert island music?  How would I play music on a desert island?  I think I'd try to turn my walkman into a signal sender somehow.  But, the song Sea and Sky makes me want a fresh, ripe chilled Caribbean fruit salad with a cold swordfish/cabbage dish.  (I had this in Trinidad for breakfast about every other day and it was killer-you would have to try it).  "A couple of dusty volumes" just begs for a tall port.

Sam - where do you go to school?

John - Thanks for looking for the picture.  That isn't the exact one but it is from the same show I think from Karin's outfit and hairstyle.  Where did you find it?

Liesel - I agree, I could care less what most celebs care about, I want to know what people I know care about.  That includes people on the list here as well.  Some of my recent reading and listening finds are from here as well.

Patience CD on ebay - what did it finally go for?  Did it have the booklet as well?  Otherwise anyone could get it off the website for $15.00.  Sadly, I also know of a used CD place that will shrink-wrap CD's for you when you buy them if you want.  I wonder how much of that stuff gets out to ebay?

Man is the head of the house stuff - Read Ephesians 5:22-24.  If you believe the bible, that makes it pretty clear.  Yeah Don, you aren't married and after being married for 16 years, I think it actually has to be that way.  And that is probably one of the reasons why we have been married for 16 years.  My wife would totally agree with those verses as well.  If she didn't I'd tell her she had to!  Hopefully you know I'm kidding.  You state what a brilliant man Lewis is but for this one thing.  It always seems like we really like something but for this one thing.  Just because we don't agree doesn't make it wrong.  That is where so many people IMHO go wrong in the scriptures.  They want some parts but not all.  They get all happy eyes with John 3:16 and those salvation verses but want to throw out anything that they disagree with.  If you (not you specifically) can say such and such in the Bible isn't for today or isn't meant for us, how can you believe John 3:16?  All the stuff you wanted out of a wife and a marriage, my wife and I have and we totally adhere to the Ephesians passages and the Promise Keeper stuff many of you are bashing.  At over 40 and very secure (as opposed to someone who said to believe that PK stuff you had to be insecure and young) I have to say you have no clue what you are talking about.

OTR boring?  May it never be!  Although My wife and I agree that our two favorites are TWHF and Patience closely followed by Eve.  Is it because we are from the "back when" crowd?  Is it because TWHF is what brought us to OTR?  Working the merch table recently I was often asked to help with selections for people buying a gift or getting the first OTR.  What a huge challenge.  I usually said FFR is what you most heard tonight, my personal fav is TWHF, the list usually recommends GDBD.  Then let them choose.

I think Matt (soberman - now we find he is a sober man possibly not from choice but because he was told he had to be) gave some re-rebuttals about if he created a skin head group with very artistic hate music should we listen and with the Porn movies should we watch them just to have open minds to other's opinions?  I totally agree and was rumbling thoughts along the same lines in my head as well.

Fred thanks for clearing up the "spade" thing.  I thought that it was much older than it was taken to be as well.  I hadn't ever thought of it in a racial light (dark?) before but will take to heart that many may now feel it is racist and refrain from its use.

Kelvo, I agree 100% that it seems like people who espouse Christianity and/or Christian ethics around here are the ones who get the most savage flaming.

Minny show - man why wasn't the Chicago show like that.  What a great set list!  Of course a show of just Patience and TWHF would be the greatest thing on earth.

Someone wrote that something I think Matt said was a sentence thrown into a post just be included there.  Wake up, these are just emails, not doctrinal dissertations.  If people feel the need to make an outline, having a opening, body and conclusion with two rough drafts before posting....Get a life.

Michelle in HI - Don't keep checking the mail, I haven't sent it (and I won't tell you what it is) yet.  Pre holiday procrastination.

On the holidays, I only have one more gift to get.  Something for retired parents in Florida that don't have everything but everything they need.  Any suggestions?

Someone wrote regarding rent-a-Don "a man in the kitchen in and apron"  I was wondering if this was a rent-a-don escort service and was the man in the kitchen ONLY wearing an apron.

Non-OTR:  I'm also on a discussion list for the Hardy Boys books (Frank and Joe - amateur sleuths) I collect old Hardy Boys books.  I think I'm one of the youngest people on the list.  Some one signed up and was telling all about themselves.  She was a 16 year old female named Mistresspimp and loved the Hardy Boyz (prowrestlers) and wanted to do them both.  She mistakenly thought she was joining a fan list for those wrestlers.  A lot of collective throat clearing from the old guys on the list!

Finally - Drew and Bruce thanks for all your work on the Tribute CD.  I know it has probably been a big weight over your heads, having all our money and no product for such a long time.  But we appreciate all the hard work!

I hope I mixed in enough happy posts that I won't get flamed too badly.  If I am it will just prove Kelvo's point!  So there.

np: TDNOTY

that is more than all.....