my hermeneutical problems

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:

> Those of us who bother to interpret the scriptures
> at all will interpret
> it through *some* sort of hermeneutical screen, and
> the more honest we are
> about that, the better.  But we can't pretend the
> screens aren't there,
> especially if we're going to follow some parts of
> scripture and ignore
> others -- which is something we *all* do, whether we
> like it or not.

I don't disagree with this at all.  I think it is a
valid point - when you're dealing with hermeneutics
from an academic standpoint (and I am sooooo tire of
hermeneutics from an academic standpoint).
However, If I recall correctly, the origin of this
whole line was sort of an "if it works for you" kind
of post.  THis doesn't really apply to that, as I see
it.

Kelvin

=====
Screw the whales.