More answers than questions

I normally wouldn't have time for this, but since we're not on the plane to
Texas... Or is it that I'm already addicted?

>>>And a PS to Linford: now that we've got the endless loop killed, can we
do anything about the "Thanks for writing" tags?

I cannot say how much I loathed receiving that message after I sent my own
few  words your way. I have threatened to turn the Actwin headquarters into a
parking lot if they don't get on it. Well, actually, I just told our manager
to look into it. Let's hope it goes away soon. Rest assured it wasn't our
idea. We've had enough bad ideas of our own without taking credit for that
inane irritation.

>>>What music do you regularly listen to that seems the furthest removed
from your own? And, relatedly, what about it appeals to you?

Ahhh, hmmm. It's nice to have a few people in one's life that have radically
different views on things, and I suppose this is true musically speaking as
well. The answer would probably be traditional jazz. I listen to a Miles
Davis record, or a Bill Evans record to chill out and to revel in the vibe of
people take their time to develop spontaneous musical ideas. When I'm not
amazed at what they're doing, the spirit of the music seems to be able to
cultivate spontaneous flights of daydreaming etc.

As far as pop music, I don't listen to a lot of music that's different from
my own. Stylistically, it can be all over the map and a lot different from
mine, but at the end of the day, it's all music that makes me feel something,
that's about something, that can find it's way into hidden inside places.
That's what I hope my own music does for others.

Although, come to think of it, I do occasionally pull out the Ultra Lounge
CD, *Bachelor's Pad* for sheer grin factor. (It's one of a series. The cd
packages had leopard skin fabric incorporated into them.) And I did have a
B-52's tape in the car for a pretty long spell once. For more incriminating
evidence, look at the archive of Weekly Recommended Listening at
overtherhine.com. Those are all records we chose from our collection that
managed to stick around for awhile.

Sorry, I think there were some other questions, but I realize I deleted a few
of the digests. As far as Amish shunning, I do think that it is still
practiced, but it was never directed at my family. I've never been completely
sure why.

I just had an idea. I think it had something to do with discussing Miles
Davis and the Amish in the same post. We should find a good editor to go
through all the messages from day one, and compile a Best Of The Lostees
book, or something to that effect. A discussion list greatest hits type
thing. I bet it would be fascinating, funny, weird.

Linford's Personal Ad of the Day

Seeking fans of Over the Rhine. Must be fascinating, funny, weird.

Have a good day, the last of November,

Linford