Re: more veggie thoughts

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 Kendrickjd at aol_com wrote:

> Everyone's thoughts on this topic are quite interesting.  It made me
> remember (and feel the need to point out) just how different we all
> are.  Some of you "admire" vegetarians.  Some of you like veggies,
> like meat, and don't care what anyone else eats.  Some of you try to
> belittle, discredit, and trivialize vegetarianism.

and some vegetarians seek to convert shame and belittle those who eat
meat.

(:

had to say it. i've been the recipient of those conversations numerous
times.

mostly i don' tlike meat. but i've found i feel healthier when i eat some.
not as much as my boyfriend, though (: what is it with guys and meat? (:
when picking the dish for out christmas party, there was a choise for
sirloin - most of the guys picked that. (:

> I think the author of Drew's article failed to take all of these
> things into consideration.  Different people, different reasons for
> it.  Who cares, really, you know?  There definitely are health
> considerations with not eating meat just as there are health
> considerations in general (BALANCED diet is the key).  Some
> vegetarians choose to be vegan to avoid all animal products.  Others
> feel that buying from "responsible" dairies, etc. is okay.

as with all satirical articles, it had its points, and then generlised
wonderfully

> Anyway, I'll shut up now.  Sorry I opened the can of worms with the
> pizza comment!

i like vegetable pizza.

(this thread makes me laugh)

at our house growing up, i don't know who started it, but one night - we
all five kids started saying 'veh geh tuhbul'  pronouncing every single
syllable. drove mom nuts (: we still do it.

vehgehtubul
vehgehtubul
vehgehtubul

(: