"Random Informative Bits" or "The World is a Vampire"

I haven't written in a while.  This email contains lots of info re:
everything, and is almost a must-read...  :)

Walter:  You'd asked about the safety of Cincinnati's downtown.  The
Cincinnati O-t-R area isn't the best choice to go for a midnight stroll,
that's for sure.  It's definitely not worse than many places in downtown
Detroit, but that's probably not too reassuring.  The areas around 12th-14th
and Main are a high volume midscale bar area and are completely safe
(Kaldi's is on there).  Once you get a few blocks away, your car could be in
danger if there's lots of expensive looking things on the seats.  People are
pretty safe down there though.  The media loves to manipulate facts; it's
not like there's a marked increase in random acts of violence down there
now.  It'll be fun seeing ya again!

The Taft venue for the Cincinnati Christmas show and Uno's afterparty are
around 5th street, further down, which is as safe as a downtown can be.

As far as Uno's afterwards, it's a few block walk from Taft. Unos is located
at 627 Walnut, Taft is at 5th & Sycamore.  Use mapquest.com or something if
you want to preplan and print a little map or something.  I'd recommend
bringing lots of broken dollars (not $20 bills and credit cards!) to make
the payment process smoother.

Hey, Uno's is being goofy.  I just called and asked for a reservation there,
and manager Steve told me basically we'd have to book a package.  I was all
whiny about having to do that, but once it was described, it sounds groovy.
They'd have a room for us, and for $12 a person (food, soft drink, tax and
gratuity included), they'll basically set up a little pizza buffet of their
4 or 5 most popular pizzas and keep bringing them out 'til we're full.
Beer/liquor will be handled seperately.  What does anyone think?  Sounds
rockin' to me.

Michael Cade asked re: different TWHF.  I think there's four of em,
essentially:

* First edition, which Michael seemed to describe as: "...the cover is sort
of cream and brown with a brown box around the song list.  It also has the
Produced by stuff.  On the P&C there is a little arrow with 1990 under it
like they forgot to put it in and added later.  It also lists a post office
box and no mention of the booklet."  If I'm not totally off-base, this has a
vellum cover with no writing on it, right?

* Second edition, which he describes as: "...pretty much all white with
black writing.  On the back it has the song list, produced by Linford and
Timothy McAllister and P&C 1991 Scampering songs.  It also
mentions to see booklet for additional info".  This is the "standard" indie
one with the writing (Over the Rhine TWHF) on it, right?

* Third+Fourth, IRS editions, promo and regular, with the extra art and
change in songs (live Fly Dance, two added bonus songs at the end)

Drew will forward info re: the morning after brunch/music.

And the tribute CD is finally getting the mastering it deserves.  I'm
hearing the first CD set tonight, and if approved, the second gets the
treatment, then production...

Secret destroyer,
Bruce