Re: holy socks and music needs

Hi
I'm not sure if the sort of things I listen to will be the sort of thing that
you like, but here you have some of my favorites anyway.  The new Paul
McCartney album is excellent.  Also, I absolutely love Elvis Costello, and
Sarah Masen.  There's this band that has played Calvin before -- I saw them
last spring -- Pedro the Lion.  It's sort of introspective melancholy
alt-rock.  I guess.  You can hear some mp3s at www.jadetree.com  I have their
album _It's hard to find a friend_ and I love it, but my dad says "you don't
want to listen to Pedro if you're already depressed".  I don't know if any of
these people are interesting to you or if they have even been discussed at
length before, but I can't resist a request for reccomendations ;).

Bethany

np: Paul McCartney -- _Driving Rain_