Re: Schubas / Buffy

Marquis wrote:
> Speaking of Schubas. Is there anyone else out
> there who say the Schubas Posters in "High
> Fidelity" and thought to themselves "ah, if not
> for over the rhine, I wouldn't have a clue what
> Schubas' was"

nope.  i already knew what Shuba's was... long before
OtR... or High Fidelity.  still yet to see anyone
play there, though...

> Sorry Mark, I have no idea what "High Fidelity" is.
> I'm guessing TV show or
> movie.

a great movie with John Cusack and Jack Black (and
others).  i liked it a lot.  Bruce hated it, but
Bruce can be quite narrow in movie selections- it
sucks unless it's got cheerleaders in it, or unless
it's got a member of Duran Duran in it.  right, B?

Michael Cade wrote:

Re: Buffy
> When two of the "scoobies" ended up in bed, I
> thought there may have been a lot more building
> up to that that I wasn't aware of not having seen
> the show previously.

a lot more building up to that.  i assume you mean
Willow and Oz.  yeah... a lot of building up to that.

> Is the British guy a good guy or just a necessary
> guy?

which British guy?  i didn't watch Grad Pt 1, since
i had just seen it a bit ago on VHS...

Giles is a good guy, and a necessary guy.  he is
Buffy's "watcher."  Watchers train the Slayers.

Angel (or Angelis), whom doesn't have the british
accent anymore, is a former vampire who got a soul
and lost it and Buffy killed him, but not before
Willow (a beginner witch at that point) cast a spell
to give him his soul back.  he (mysteriously) came
back from the hell demension and had his soul back.
Angel and Buffy are/were love interests, but it
won't work due to if he sees true happiness, he'll
lose his soul again.

Spike is a british vamp.  bad guy, but now (seasons
5-6) is sort of like a good guy, because he has a
chip inside of him so he can't kill a human.

> Where did Faith come from?

when a Slayer is killed, a new one is called.  when
Buffy drowned in season 1 (?), Kendra was called.
Buffy was revived, but she was technically dead for
a bit.  Kendra was only in 5 or 6 episodes, right?
when Kendra was killed by Drusilla (sp?), Spike's
vamp girlfriend, a new slayer is called- which would
be Faith.  Faith was good in a bad way, and now
she's just bad.

> What is the story with the girl that was something
> and lost her powers but has lived through a (I
> can't remember the term about a Demon taking
> someone over) like 800 years ago.

yep.  Anya's still around in season 6.  she's afraid
of bunnies, fyi.  i don't know her whole story,
though.

> Lastly, Buffy wrestling demons to the ground and
> then breaking their necks...a little too much to
> be believed.  Does she also have some sort of
> supernatural powers or what?

yes, supernatural powers.

> And is she the only Slayer or are all of her
> group Slayers too?

technically there is only one Slayer until one of
them dies.  Buffy's died twice now... which brings
on the question, should there be another Slayer out
there now?

there are groups of Watchers, and only a "lucky"
one gets to watch the Slayer.

like spinning plates,
Dan

np: radiohead - i might be wrong