RE: OTR Indianapolis show/Schubas/Buffy

Title: RE: OTR Indianapolis show/Schubas/Buffy

Hey,

Speaking of Schubas. Is there anyone else out there who say the Schubas
Posters in "High Fidelity" and thought to themselves "ah, if not for over the
rhine, I wouldn't have a clue what Schubas' was"

Sorry Mark, I have no idea what "High Fidelity" is.  I'm guessing TV show or movie.  But yes, if not for OTR, I would have never heard of Schubas and now I have their web page on my favorites to check out who's playing in case we want to make a run downtown.

As I mentioned in the past my TV doesn't get much use, so I'm not up on all the shows.  But after much discussion, I taped 2 hours of Buffy on FX yesterday and watched last night.  The two episodes were about the prom and graduation (to be continued).  Ok here it is from a total first timer.  I liked the characters all pretty well, some pretty good dialogue.  When two of the "scoobies" ended up in bed, I thought there may have been a lot more building up to that that I wasn't aware of not having seen the show previously.  Is the British guy a good guy or just a necessary guy?  Where did Faith come from?  I saw in the opening "What has previously happened"  that she was the new Slayer in town.  It almost looked like she was a good guy from that.  I did get a lot of good character development from only two shows, fairly easy to catch up on.  What is the story with the girl that was something and lost her powers but has lived through a (I can't remember the term about a Demon taking someone over) like 800 years ago.

Lastly, Buffy wrestling demons to the ground and then breaking their necks just reminded me of Capt Kirk kung-fuing 12 foot monsters and winning - a little too much to be believed.  Does she also have some sort of supernatural powers or what.  And is she the only Slayer or are all of her group Slayers too?  I think the part where they were in the tunnels and a ghost or something materializes in front of her and she just stabs it contemptuously and keeps on walking was hard to get.  Is it all that easy?  Or was it some sort of play on her state of mind?

Thanks all for the Buffy turn on.  Even though I have some questions and may sound too critical, it was a pretty fun time.

Michael