How do you describe OtR?

Whenever I bring up OtR to a friend who has never heard them before I lose
the ability to find the correct descriptors for them.  I usually end up
frustrated knowing that they will not get the full appreciation with just my
words, or a comparison to another band. So I give them a CD to listen to
(which they ALWAYS love), and let them know that until they see them live
they STILL don't know what the band is like.

I am just wondering how y'all describe them to others....or is it just my
lack of communicative skills?

Out here,
Barry

NP  Kate Miner "Live from the Strip"