Re: Buy Stuff!!!

--- Alyssa Portwood <alyssa_portwood at yahoo_com> wrote:

> In other words, if you stop buying stuff from
> smaller
> businesses, the people who work there will have less
> money to buy stuff!!!  Also, the companies we buy
> stuff from will be hurt.  And I will be out of a
> job.

And if you stop buying stuff from the chains, then the
good folks at my Mom's Wal-Mart will find their jobs
in jeaporday.  Layoffs would be a natural result.
This, in a community that has already been devastated
over the past couple of years because Fruit of the
Loom, the largest employer in a 3 county area, laid
off thousands of people and shipped jobs to Mexico.
Result - if you loose your job in Columbia Kentucky,
you're pretty much screwed.  You can't even get a job
at McDonalds there.

It's never as simple as it seems, is it?

Kelvin

=====
...like a mad dog on the far side of Dante's door.