Re: buy nothing day

Arthur Dent wrote:

> wow . . .  it's great to find someone else who is in to Adbusters.  i
> used to have a bunch of their posters up around the youth room i used to
> work at . . . and we made a big thing out of teevee turnoff week, too.

Yeah... I actually just learned about them this year. I read Kalle
Lasn's book ("Culture Jam") and despite it's being targeted to an
audience with a reading level much lower than mine, I rather liked it. I
could only read the book for about fifteen minutes at a  stretch before
I would get filled with nervous and/or creative energy. It actually
inspired me to give up t.v. altogether.

So: Arthur Dent, huh? Not Ford Prefect or Dirk Gently or some other Doug
Adams hero? Why Arthur?

-John

--
|| BUY NOTHING DAY ||

November 23, 2001 is International Buy Nothing Day.
On the busiest shopping day of the year, the day after American
Thanksgiving, people from over 30 countries take a break from the frenzy
and cast their vote against the golden calf: consumerism and the global
economy. (http://www.adbusters.org.)