Re: a question of meaning

biglight at pacbell_net writes:

> "There's no saviour hanging on this
> cross"  in no certain terms is saying stop trying to make yourself a martyr.

Wow. That's an interesting interpretation.

That is interesting.  I see that line differently myself.  I've always looked at it to mean that Christ is no longer on the cross--i.e. "He is risen."  Of course, that is from my decidedly Christian perspective...

Chris

np--Peter Mayer, Stars And Promises  (the only reason I'm listening to Christmas music is to find a song to sing in a program in December...)