RE: Hi Everyone! X-Files/OTR

Title: RE: Hi Everyone! X-Files/OTR

>So, I saw that episode of of the X-files, being an X-phile myself, but I don't
>remember the refrence to OTR.  Can someone tell me what the reference was?

The episode in question is from season 6 titled Alpha.

Two of the main characters are Dr. Detweiler and Karin Bergquist.  The woman Ms Bergquist has a crush of some sort on Mulder and is a dog lover.  The real Karin also is a dog lover and had apparently mentioned to friend Jeffery Bell (who wrote this X-files episode) something along the lines of she would like to be in an episode and fall into Mulder's arms.  (My paraphrase).  Dr. Detweiler is some sort of shape shifter that turns into a canine beast.

There may be more to the story but that is all I know.